Sunday, August 3, 2008


Above: 25 foot statue of the famous sailor kissing a nurse at time square. This statue can be seen at San Diego Port, along with the Bob Hope Memorial and other military memorials.
Below: Took this picture at Mission San Luis Rey Oceanside, Ca.



Above: Oceanside Marina Suites. It's located at Oceanside Harbor. I'm not too happy with this shot, it too blurry. I tried the manual focus and thought I had it, it look good on the LCD but once downloaded..well, as you can see not very sharp at all.
Below: Oceanside Harbor- I'm still trying to manipulate this photo. I straighten it a bit but I want to fix the colors, and it's also a bit blurry. TFL anyway:)

Well, life got in a way a bit and was not able to shoot rural and urban ( I'm still going to try of course).

10 comments:

Jamie said...

LOVE the statue. I'm going to have to find it when I'm in San Diego at the end of the month. Fantastic shots!

Marsha K. said...

Very nice - LOVE the statues - I didn't even realize the sailor/nurse was a statue! LOL

Lexy said...

Great shots. I like the vignetting around the sailor/nurse statue.

Mel said...

I agree! The sailor/nurse statue looks real!! Great job!!

Jane F. Smith said...

WOW...I really love the statue shots!!! Nice job!!

Elizabeth said...

Great shots! I really love the colors in both of the marina shots!

Janice said...

I love the statues, I had no idea there was a statue of the sailor and girl kissing, I remember reading a story about the photo, the sialor didn't know the girl he was kissing, the photographer suggested to kiss and the subjects were willing and the photographer got an awesome shot, inspired a statue, how cool is that?

Carol said...

The statues shots are wonderful. I didn't realize that the nurse and sailor had been made into a statue, I use to have that poster. I just love that shot.

Sandie Dunn said...

Wow! I love that shot of Jesus carrying the cross! So well done!!! I also really like the frames you are putting on your photos. VERY cool! Beautiful landscape shots!

Tonya said...

LOVE the first two!!!!! Great angles.